To clarify questions about Forex, our video tutorials provide traders with visual information on Forex trading allowing them to play the role of a real trader. We suggest you immersing yourself in trading on Forex and watch HighFx free videos for beginning traders.
Through HighFx video tutorials you will get detailed information about how to invest, which can be used in trading and the way you can benefit from them. Our video tutorials are regularly added; which will support you at the beginning. HighFx video tutorials are the best guide for successful trading.
Forex for Beginners – What is Forex?
If you’re new to Forex trading, we’ll take you through the basics of forex pricing and placing your first forex trades. ‘Forex’ is short for foreign exchange, also known as FX or the currency market. It is the world’s largest form of around $4 trillion every day, and it is open to major institutions and individual investors.
Forex trading, for beginners or professionals, will require software.
What are Forex Signals?
‘Forex trading signal’ simply a trading tool that provides you with the data, you need to make the right decisions at the right time. Companies that offer signals tools may communicate by SMS, email, etc. Although the method varies, the service provided is actually the same. These signals will give you critical information on the current Forex market, letting you know about fluctuations and other conditions that may influence pricing and provide you with data alongside insights to help you make sensible, critical investment decisions.
Top Forex strategies to maximize your gains
From social trading skills to which Forex platform to join, the internet is full of tips and tricks on how to maximize your Forex gains. Some of it falls flat, of course, while other tips are a great way to get good results. How do you make sure you’re getting good solid advice to build your Forex trading skills? HighFx is here to help you with our handy starter's guide to Forex strategies.
How do I improve my social trading?
At HighFx, we’re always keen to help investors boost their returns. Having a well thought through strategy to your Forex trading is the best way to ensure you see the sort of returns you are interested in. Here are a few steps to do so:
- Always have a plan. Know a few fundamental cornerstones of your trading strategy before you run out and invest. What currency pairs are you most interested in? How long are you planning to hold on average? What basic targets are you going to set? Of course, you need to be flexible; but good strategizing starts with a good plan. Decide which platform you want to use now, too. MetaTrader is the globally dominant option, but there are a few more you can check out.
- Know your market - Getting some basic Forex knowledge under your belt is critical before you do anything else. Once you start trading, keep a record of what you do. This ability to analyse trends will help stop you making bad mistakes a second time. Now, decide if you want to take a technical (chart-based) analysis method or opt for fundamental (raw data) analysis. They both have pros and cons, though laypeople generally prefer technical as it’s ‘easier’ to manage. However, we strongly suggest social trading strategies like using Forex signaling. Not only does this make it much easier to follow and understand, it also simplifies and takes the stress out of Forex trades.
- Manage your risk - There is a host of tools on and Forex platform you use, to help you minimise loss. Stop/Loss and limit orders will do wonders to keep any disasters mitigated. You need to learn to be a disciplined trader, too and hold your plan not make emotional judgments. Don’t overtrade, don’t get emotional about trades and be smart with your limits.
- Expand knowledge - Use webinars, seminars, books, and resources to your advantage. MetaTrader offers some good resources to start off with.
Forex trading can be quite easy. With the right Forex broker on your side it can be a lucrative addition to any portfolio.
Why do I need a trusted broker in order to trade Forex?
Forex trading can be a safe and profitable experience; but only if you have a trustworthy broker. You will likely need them to access Forex, as you likely do not have the financial resources to simply enter the market yourself.
Signs of a broker you can trust; include a long, reliable and traceable operational history, a service that’s clear about fees charged and an easy withdraw process. They should also, of course, be registered, regulated and qualified to operate as a broker.
Why choose HighFx as your Forex broker?
There are a few good reasons to consider HighFx as your Forex broker:
- Transparent systems for fees and management accounts
- Convenience of the MetaTrader 4 account interface- simple and intuitive to use
- No excessive trading commission
- Qualified professional brokers
- Clear fees structures without hidden costs
- Great customer service
- Always available to discuss your concerns
The key to a healthy Forex trading experience is finding the right Forex broker to ‘steer’ the financial ship you’re creating your account. A trusted and transparent service partner like HighFx will guide you to grow your savings.
What is CFD?
CFD trading lets you speculate on the price movement of a whole host of financial markets such as indices, shares, currencies, commodities and bonds, regardless of whether prices are rising or falling.
Why is CFD trading popular with investors?
CFDs are a popular way for investors to actively trade financial markets. This is because CFDs are:
- Tax efficient
- Flexible – you can trade on rising as well as falling markets
- Leveraged products
- Hedging tools
Flexible – you can trade on rising as well as falling markets
Trade on falling markets (going short) as well as rising markets (going long)
Use a small amount of money to control a much larger value position
You can use CFDs to offset any potential loss in value of your physical investments by going short
How does CFD trading work?
When you open a CFD position you select the amount of CFDs you would like to trade and your profit will rise in line with each point the market moves in your favour.
If you think the price of your chosen market will go up, you click buy and your profits will rise in line with any increase in that price.
However, if the price falls, then you will make a loss for every point it moves against you.
For example, if you think the price of oil is going to go up then you could place a buy trade of 5 CFDs at the price of 5325. If the market rose 30 points to 5350 and you closed out your position, you would make a $150 profit, 30 times the 5 contracts that you bought.
However, if the market moves against you and the price of oil falls 30 points to 5300 then you would lose $150.
Trading on falling markets
Unlike traditional share dealing, if you believe a market will fall in value, with CFD trading you can sell a market – known as going short – and make a potential profit from falling prices.
As CFDs allow you to short sell and therefore make a potential profit from falling market prices, they can be used as a tool by investors as ‘insurance’ to offset losses made in their physical portfolios.
CFD trading is a margined product
This means you trade by paying just a small fraction of the total value of the contract.
Remember that with leveraged trading, there is a potential for your losses to exceed deposits.
In other words you can put up a small amount of money to control a much larger amount potentially magnifying your return on investment. Remember, however, that your losses will be magnified as well, so you should manage your risk accordingly.
Which CFD markets can I trade on?
City Index offers a choice of over 5,000 CFD markets, including:
- Indices such as the 100, Wall St and Germany 30
- FX such as GBP/USD, GBP/EUR and JPY/USD currency pairs
- Shares such as Rio Tinto, Amazon and General Electric
- Commodities such as oil, gold and cocoa
- Other markets including bonds, interest rates and options
WHEN CAN I TRADE FOREX?
When is the best time to trade the Forex Market?
Is the Forex market open 24/7?
While it’s often said that the forex market is always open, that doesn’t necessarily mean you can trade at any time of the day with a large amount of liquidity. The best time to trade is when the majority of the world's traders are awake and preforming trades in the global financial capitals.
This means that there are three major sessions and a small Pacific Time zone when there is good market liquidity. These sessions, named either for the zones they represent (Europe, North America, Asia) or more colloquially the major trading cities within them (Tokyo, London and New York) mimic the times the major trading centers are online.
There are 4 Forex trading zones:
- The Sydney session
- The Tokyo session
- The London Session
- The New York Session
What is the best zone to trade Forex?
The highest liquidity in forex trading occurs during the crossover points of the London and New York sessions, so for a beginner trader, this is the best time to trade. There is a noted lull in the liquidity of the markets between the close of the North American (NYC) session and the opening of the Asian markets again, simply due to the time zones and business activity within them. If you live in a time zone that overlaps strongly with any of these sessions, you should consider trading within that time for maximum convenience. In addition to that, you should concentrate on currency pairs that are most active during that time. You’ll notice that there’s a lot of overlap between most of the sessions, so you’ll always have access to a decent spread of transactions no matter what time you favor for trade.
Knowing the basics of the forex market, like what is the most active trading session, is a critical part of becoming a pro forex trader. HighFx highly recommends taking the time to get familiar with the trading conditions around your favorite currency pairs.